SowHope inspires women around the world through
Project Grants: SowHope requires partners applying for grants to use the SowHope project application form, including a projected budget and expected outputs and outcomes of the proposed projects. All applications are thoroughly reviewed by the Program Team. SowHope does not accept unsolicited grant applications*.
Applications are accepted during two periods of the year and are funded during two periods of the year.
Applications are reviewed by the Program Application Review Team and receive one of three designations.
- Eligible for award – grant will be funded in that cycle.
- Approved but no award available – application will be passed to the next cycle.
- Ineligible for an award – application will be filed.
Deadline to Apply: 2017 project funding has been awarded and is currently closed. Please review the below schedule for 2018 funding dates.
1st Funding Cycle
- Applications are due anytime January 1 – April 30.
- Feedback and revision period** January 1 – March 31.
- Applicants are notified of their application designation by June 15th.
- Eligible applications are funded beginning July 1st of the same year.
2nd Funding Cycle
- Applications are due anytime July 1 – October 31.
- Feedback and revision period** July 1 – September 30.
- Applicants are notified of their application designation by December 15th.
- Eligible applications are funded beginning January 1st of the next year.
*Please note that new grantees are only eligible for a limited first-time grant and their current work must first be verified by the SowHope team.
**The revision period is the time intended for discussion between the grantee and SowHope. If your application is unclear, requires clarification, has missing items, etc., the SowHope team may ask for more information. Applications submitted after the revision period will need to be considered during the next funding cycle.