SowHope operates largely through the support of our amazing volunteers – we can never thank all of you enough! We are always searching for more volunteers for our Working Teams, but we are also currently looking to fill some specific needs at our headquarters:
- Administration: Assisting in the creation of step-by-step guides for every day SowHope administrative tasks. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Hours are flexible between 9am – 5pm M-F.
- Social Media/Marketing Volunteer: Contributing to the social media and general marketing plan for SowHope and maintaining/updating social media pages. This could be a few hours per week, up to as much as 20 hours per week depending on the volunteer’s availability. Social media experience required, Adobe Creative Suite experience is a bonus. Hours are flexible between 9am – 5pm M-F.
- Grantwriting Volunteer: Researching and identifying relevant grants and foundations to solicit for funding. Tracking LOIs and grant applications. This could be a few hours per week, up to as much as 20 hours per week depending on the volunteer’s availability. Some background with grantwriting or nonprofit work preferred, Microsoft Office knowledge required. Hours are flexible between 9am – 5pm M-F.
- Audio Transcriptionist: Transcribing audio recordings of interviews with various SowHope stakeholders. Requires strict adherence to confidentiality agreement, excellent hearing and ability to understand foreign accents, and ability to type at least 60 words per minute. Previous transcription experience preferred. Hours are flexible between 9am – 5pm M-F.
- Internships: Internships at SowHope may span a variety of topics. Based on your interests and experience and our need, SowHope will create an internship that is specific to you. We hire up to 1 unpaid intern per season/semester (Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer). Possible internships include Social Media/Marketing, Grantwriting, and other Learning Opportunities. Internships may be 10-20 hours per week depending on your need. Hours are flexible between 9am – 5pm M-F. To apply for an internship, go to our Careers page (https://sowhope.org/careers/)
SowHope Working Teams
Building accountability measures and systems to ensure that organizational efficiency related to goals, steps and tasks are completed effectively.
Processing and recording income and expenses for SowHope and fulfilling government financial requirements and forms.
Identifying appropriate funding sources, implementing an action plan to reach those sources and mobilizing the board and others to solicit sufficient donations for SowHope to operate effectively.
Developing policy and encouraging best practice to ensure effective management of human resources. Human resources include: employees, volunteers, and board members.
Fostering partnerships in the developing world, processing project applications, determining and recommending project funding, and evaluating projects.
Identifying appropriate marketing opportunities and expanding awareness of SowHope through events, website, newsletter, social media, etc.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information on volunteer opportunities. Thank you for your interest!